Monday, October 20, 2008

TOKENS FOR THE NINANG




Before Ricky proposed to me, I already love this ceramic plate with a japanese girl printed as a design. When we sent something here in Phils, i bought one pair of the plate for mama. I wrapped it in a bubble bag so it wont get broken (and thanks God its still in its shape). So when ricky proposed and we started planning out for the wedding, I instantly thought of getting this ceramic plates for the sponsor without me anticipating that it will be a burden to me going home since i planned of just carrying this. (kwento on the next paragraph) I initially wanted to buy 10 boxes and that is good for 10 pairs of sponsors (each box housed 2 ceramic plates) but when i was about to buy it, the store had only 6 boxes left and so i had to think of other alternative. I didn't find any. So, the last recourse was, to get the 6 boxes (that is 12 pcs) only for the female sponsors.
Now, its home sweet home. I didn't realize how hard it is carrying such fragile stuff until I was alone striding around the fukuoka airport carrying all these heavy plates inside my hand carried luggage. One hand carrying the paper bag of chocolates (i cursed that kisses for my cousins!), and on my shoulder, the laptop bag and i was dragging the small but heavy suitcase. Gosh! I could just had listened to auntie when she told me to just put those in the box to be sent to Philippines. I refused just because i was afraid it might come out the box torn into pieces (horrible imagination). WHew! Such a burden but its all worth it cause i know our ninangs will love the plate (with a chopstick of course) hehehe!!! happy eating! OISHI eh?

No comments: